Sunday, April 13, 2014

NaPoWriMo Day#11 | I Allowed It

NaPoWriMo is almost to the middle of the month. I'm excited to still accept the challenge each day to pen a poem. I think it has awakened my creativity. I hope that even after the thirty days are over that I will still continue to pen a poem in inspiration and out of inspiration.

I have been writing the poems on notebook paper or typing in my phone. I decided that I'm not going to post each poem and I will not be posting daily. This was the poem from day 11. Let me know in the comments what you think about the poem. If you're participating in the NaPoWriMo or if you write poetry let me know so I can check it out.

-Happy Writing!


I Allowed It

I allowed my imagination to run away
with my thoughts again.
It packed its bags and
ran out the back door late at night
when I didn't notice.
I was unaware of it for so long
that in the meantime
I started to believe those things
that actions proved weren't true.
I started to overlook things because of the words I heard playing over
and over in my mind.
I couldn't distinguish between my
desires and those desires imposed upon
and expected of me.
I can't take back the choices I made
since my imagination ran away.
It's not to blame;
I allowed it to happen.

Poetry form: Free verse
Topic: DayDreaming/Imagination
Word Count: 106
Literary Technique: Personification

© 2014 Jamie Dunlap

No comments: