Thursday, March 27, 2014

No Fail Chicken Muffins (Gluten-Free) #FoodieFriday




I am always looking for a good healthy protein snack. I lucked up when I found this idea while browsing Instagram. Mankofit posted a recipe and I crafted it to my liking. Below is the recipe for how I make this delicious snack. It can be eaten as a breakfast snack, lunch snack, or dinner snack.

If you decide to try it or if you put your own spin to it let me know in the comments. I think that's the beauty of cooking, adding your own flare to the recipe.

You can add, substitute, or change almost any of the ingredients. It's a no fail recipe. It's bound to be good! 



Ingredients:
*optional ingredients
2 lbs Ground chicken (or turkey)
2 large eggs
2 tsp of Salt
2 tsp of Pepper
* 1 Garlic clove
* 1/3 cup of Onion
* 1/2 stalk of Celery
Grape Tomatoes 
* 4 Mini Red/yellow/orange peppers
* 1/3 cup of Spinach
* 2 tsp of Turmeric
* 3 tbs of Honey mustard

Tools/Utensils:
Food processor
Knife/Fork/spoon
Big bowl
Cupcake parchment cups
Cupcake/muffin pan

Step by Step:
*Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Use a food processor to mix the following: celery, onions, spinach, garlic cloves, peppers
2. Open the ground chicken and put into a big bowl.
3. Add to the bowl the chopped ingredients from the food processor.
4. Mix everything (chicken and veggies) together.
5. Add the salt, pepper, turmeric, and honey mustard.
6. Mix in two large eggs.
7. Scoop the mixed ingredients into the muffin pan.
8. Bake chicken muffins for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees.

Enjoy!

#FoodieFriday

No comments: