Sunday, March 9, 2014

Banana Pancakes topped with Fried Apples (Gluten-Free)





I spend my Saturday mornings perfecting two things: the pancake or the omelet. I find myself creating different renditions of both. Each entree exciting a new burst of flavors in my mouth. I'm a foodie! I find joy in cooking a good healthy meal. I find joy in sharing with my readers what I did. It's in hopes that it will quench your taste buds and bring you joy as well.

Let's get started...

Ingredients:

  • 1 granny smith apple
  • 1/2  of a ripe banana
  • 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • 1 large egg
  • olive oil
  • butter 


Fried Apples
1. Cut the skin off the granny smith apple and cut it into rectangle pieces.
2. Turn the stove to medium heat and add butter.
3. Add the apples and coat with the butter that has been melting.
4. Sprinkle with a teaspoon of cinnamon and lower the heat to low.
5. Stir occasionally for 10-15 minutes until you see that the apples are soft.

 

Banana Pancakes
1. In a bowl smash the ripe banana. Add in the teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/2 tablespoon of honey. mix it all together.
2. Add a large egg to the ingredients and continue mixing.
3. In another skillet, add four cap fulls of olive oil and turn to medium-high heat.



*Tip* The skillet needs to be hot when you add the pancake batter, but lower it so that the pancake will cook evenly and not burn.

4. Pour pancake batter into the skillet. Reduce heat to low-medium.

*Tip* When the pancake is ready to flip it should be able to slide around if you tilt the skillet.

5. Flip the pancake and increase heat to medium. After 1 minute reduce heat back to low- medium.





If this recipe was helpful, please let me know in the comments. Enjoy!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks really good! Be sure to link your recipes! Here's my favorite DIY/lifestyle/recipe link up: http://bebetsy.com/

Unknown said...

Thank you! I will be sure to check it out.

Anonymous said...

I so love pancakes and I already tried a lot of toppings and I will definitely try this one too! Will tell you how it goes =)

#thesitsgirllinky

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by @pixiedusk!