Saturday, October 18, 2014

GRWM Retro Edition| Collab with Locs of Love


In September I had an opportunity to see The Outsiders play at the theater in town. I absolutely loved this book when I was in middle school. The actors and the actresses did an awesome job of recreating the scenes and they really depicted the essence of the story. After leaving the play I was inspired to recreate the Greasers look and to style myself as a Biker Girl. One of my lovely subscribers to my channel suggested a few months ago that I do a 1950s loc style tutorial. With these two ideas floating around, I decided to do a Retro Biker Girl style with a 1950s victory rolls hairstyle.

I loved creating this look, and filming this video! I have been wanting to collaborate with other youtubers so I called on Locs of Love to join me in recreating a retro style. Locs of love decided to do pin curls and her style was inspired by Marilyn Monroe. Check out the video below. I am introducing in this blog post an alternate style that didn't make the video. Let me know which one you like the most. Thanks for stopping by! :-)


The Retro Biker Girl #1



Retro Biker Girl #2 (Alternate Look)


In both styles I created the victory rolls and bumper bangs with my locs. I also did an alternate look for the hairstyle. I placed the victory rolls to one side. The picture below is hairstyle #1 and #2. Which do you like?



What I'm wearing  

Retro Look #1
Rue 21 skinny jeans
White shirt
White earrings
Faux leather jacket (Rainbow)
Converse (Journeys)

Retro Look #2
Rue 21 skinny jeans
Pinstripe button down Banana Republic long sleeve shirt (Thrifted)
White earrings
Black belt
Converse (Journeys)


Below is the collab video with the Retro Style #1. Check out Locs of Love as well. She created a fabulous look with pin curls.



No comments: