Friday, October 24, 2014

Foodie Friday | Chicken Salad

I have been making chicken salad for a while, but I always switch it up a bit to try different taste and it's also based on what ingredients I have at home. I rarely plan out making chicken salad. What usually happens is I have left overs and chicken salad evolves from the leftovers.
Check out my Gluten Free Pinterest Board for more GF foodie ideas.


The chicken salad can serve as a lunch meal or as just a snack. It can be prepared in less than 15 minutes and that includes the prep time. It was a super quick and easy recipe to make. Enjoy! Let me know below what you like to put in your chicken salad dishes.


Gluten Free Chicken Salad



This recipe was made just for me. I was able to get 2 servings.

Ingredients:
  • Previously cooked chicken breast (1 cup)
  • Craisins (1/8 cup)
  • Chopped onions (1/8 cup)
  • Chopped Pecans (1/8 cup)
  • Black Pepper (tsp)
  • Fresh chopped celery (1/8 cup)
  • Whipped Cream Cheese (2 tbsp)
  • Turmeric (tsp)
  • Mayonnaise (3 tbsp)
  • Honey (optional drizzle)

Directions:

1. Chop chicken breast
2. Mix in pepper, turmeric, celery, onions, pecans, and Craisins with the chicken.
2. Mix in cream cheese.
3. Mix in mayonnaise.
4. Let sit in the refrigerator and cool.
* I added a little drizzle of honey to the last mixing.


Comment below with what ingredients you like to include in your chicken salad. Also let me know if you have any questions.
#FoodieFriday

No comments: