Wednesday, April 4, 2012

" An Apology"

This is Day 4 of NaPoWriMo

I wasn't feeling well on April 2nd so I wrote two poems on April 3rd while at work. I missplaced the paper. Once I find it I will type it and post it.

I wrote this poem this evening. I thought it was funny yet real in the content but fictional in the actions of how it's presented. Let me know what you think.

"An Apology"
by Jamie D.
&copy 2012

She posted the letter to be printed in the newspaper
on her wedding day.
4 simple apologies.

She gift wrapped the article
and stored it in the groom's suite.

She had even posted it with her real
maiden name and included a picture for good measure.

He was all dressed
his heart beat was growing faster
as the time loss weight
for he couldn't wait
to hold his bride in his arms
he wanted to feel her soft cheeks
and hear her sweet voice whisper
"I love you forever"

Minutes before he was about to
leave his suite he saw
the nicely wrapped box
with a big bow sealing it.

His first thought was
to wait
but his curiosity urged him
to break the barrier.

He reached inside and
grabbed the paper.
Immediately he found his fiance's article
"To My Husband On Our Wedding Day"

She wrote: I need you to know these
4 things before you walk down
the aisle to say "I do".

I truly love you, but I must apologize now
for the days we will argue
over who left the cap off the tooth paste
or about leaving the toilet seat up.

I eagerly await the day to birth our child
but I must apologize for I will spoil him or her and all 5
will be named after me.

I have grown more fond of the way your laugh brightens a room, but
I have hated since
I first heard that awful rumbling in
your lungs, throat, and nasal passage
when you sleep.
I apologize that I have
ordered a separate twin bed for you.
We will meet only for conjugal visits and
sleep separately.

Lastly, to my dear gentle husband to be, I
cannot stand the aggravating sounds you make
when you chew food.
When we're at the dinner table
please learn to eat with your mouth closed.
I apologize for signing you up for etiquette classes.

Love your future wife.

Written 4/4/12 at 6:15p.m.

327 words


**If you could write your spouse or partner an apology letter for things you're going to do because of things they do that bother you, post it in the comments.

No comments: