Saturday, March 26, 2016

7 Things I've Learned about Locs

March 22 marked 7 years since I started my Sisterlock Journey. I still can't believe it has been that long. This journey has brought many joys and slight challenges. Either way I think it's one of the best hair decisions I have made. Every journey takes a period of getting use to. The locing process has taken getting use to a new outlook on hair and its many transformations, a new way of maintaining, and a new way of style that shows its versatility.  Click any loc word to find a video from my loc journey.

1. Locs can be transformed into just about any way you want it to look. Locs are versatile and I'm still amazed at the different styles I've been able to achieve and the different styles I've seen people rock.

2. Locs are low maintenance but not no maintenance.

3. Everyone's locs are all unique. There are no to heads of locs that are exactly the same and respond exactly the same way to the same loc care.

4. Locs can be both freeing and restrictive. It all just depends on your perspective.

5. In order to enjoy your loc journey you just got to have fun with your hair. 

6. Locs will grow at their own pace no matter how hard you wish and dream the growth to speed up. Focus on healthy locs not just long locs.

7. Know that your locs are not going to be perfect but love each loc anyway.


Below are pictures and videos from each year of my Sisterlock Journey.






Connect with me across all social media.



1 comment:

LaNeshe said...

You hair is gorgeous!