I had the opportunity to attend the 1st Annual Loc Appreciation Day Meetup in ATL on June 28th, 2014 for Loc Appreciation Day. It was hosted by Loc Livin at Iwi Day Spa. I was quite excited to attend because I have been participating in LAD since it started but I never heard of meet ups near my area. I also got a chance to showcase Loc'd sisters and brothers on Youtube who wanted to wish others a happy loc appreciation day. I will have both videos at the bottom of this post to check out. Shout out to Qochemist from Youtube for sharing this great idea. In this fourth year the recognition of this day has stretched to other countries. I look forward to LAD spreading to other areas and more meet ups being planned.
Below is a recap of my personal perspective on the celebration for Loc Appreciation Day in 8 bullet points.
1. I met Sister Nandi and purchased the wrapaloc tools. I had not previously seen or heard of this product. (Review coming soon!).
2. I met GrizzleRocsLocs! I am always thrilled to meet people who make videos that I watch or those who watch my video.
3. I met several kind loc'd sisters and brothers who were all about positivity and fellowship.
4. Towards the end of the meet up I met my sisterlock twin. We share a lot of hair similarities from length, time growing, and color.
5. The master stylist Mzladylox showed us perfection when she styled over four heads right there on the spot in quick, beautiful, and efficient loc styles.
6. I purchased loc jewelry from Shedly with Jewelry4mylocs. I didn't even know I could wear loc jewelry on my small locs.
7. There were so many varieties of loc styles, lengths, and color. It was loc galore! It was great seeing the different shades and versatility of locs in person.
8. The event was complete with a dj and refreshments. The venue was outdoors. It was pretty and had a waterfall backdrop. It was an overall good atmosphere.
How did you celebrate Loc Appreciation Day?